From our hostesses:
The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2017!
Join Hot Listens and our new co-host Caffeinated Book Reviewer for the 5th year of great audio books.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or if you’re one of the lucky ones like me, listen to them at work.
I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2017 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold 2 updates with giveaways. First update will be June 30th, 2017 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2017
There has never been a better time for reading with our ears 🙂
- Runs January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2016.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June and last update in December 2017.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Now for the challenge this year I’m going to go a little easier. Last year I tried for 50+ audiobooks and I was an audiobook newbie then, so I sort of went over what I should’ve. This year, though, I’m going to shoot for a more realistic goal which is of the 30+ variety.
Since finding audiobooks that I love to listen to my appetite has been insatiable so this challenge is perfect for me. So, wish me luck, and if you’re participating I hope you reach your goal as well :).